Thursday 25 July 2013

July Glossybox 'Seaside Splash'

Hey!
So I've known about Glossybox for ages now, due to blogs & youtube etc. I've always wanted to sign up but for some reason, never got round to it. So when my dad asked me what I wanted for my birthday I decided to say something different so suggested a 3 month subscription with Glossybox. My birthday was at the end of may so I would of started with the June box but decided to leave it a month & start on the July box. I have to say for my first glossy box I was impressed! Here's what I got...
                                     
So from left to right we have...
  • The 'Anatomicals spray misty for me facial spritz' This is the full size (100ml) which would normally be £6.00. I assumed this was a mist type spray for your face as a kind of refreshing thing, but it says to spray on the face after cleansing or even over make up to refresh and set make up. Its got a lavender scent, and says it's calming lavender and refreshing peppermint extracts helps rehydrate and calm skin. It also says it's suitable for all skin types.
  • 'Coola organic suncare collection' This is a sample size (7ml) The full size is 50ml and is £29.99 available from amazon. I haven't tried this yet but as it's still sunny in England at the moment I will be soon! It's an spf 20, so provides protection as well as soothing, toning and minimizing pores. I'm not really sure how to describe the smell of this product (they say it's a rose essence tinted moisturiser) but I cant decide whether I like the smell or not haha!
  • 'Ciate nail varnish' I was really pleased to see this product in my box, I know a lot of people were getting the Essie nail wraps but I'd much rather have this as you can re use this where as with the nail wraps you can only use once for however long they stay on your nails! Plus as I work for Avon I have a lot of nail wraps from them! This is the full size product (13.5ml) and would normally be £9.00. In the colour 'The Glossip'
  • 'Inteco pure coconut dry shampoo' This is a full size product (150ml) and would normally be £2.49. I don't hate this product as I do use dry shampoo so I will use it up. However, I was pretty disappointed to see this in my box rather than the 2 paint pots from Sleek that most other people seemed to be getting. I feel as though I've got a £3.00 product when I could of had two products that added up to £8.00 but oh well.. that's what glossy box is about I guess! I don't really like the smell too much so may try and mask it with hairspray or wait to see how it smells once its settled into my hair.
  • Lastly we have the 'Alterna haircare - Bamboo style boho waves tousled texture mist' This is a sample size - a pretty decent sample size though! (25ml) The full size product is £23.00 for 125ml. I've never heard of this brand before so was excited to try this out. I've used it once so far and it does work. I have naturally wavy hair but I don't like it how it dries naturally so I always straighten it.. I used it afterwards to try and create a more tame looking wave rather than my natural waves and it did create texture and waves at the ends of my hair (which is the only place I sprayed the product.) However, at £23.00 per bottle I'm not sure if I would re purchase this.
Overall though for my first box I was really pleased and am excited to see what the next 2 boxes include! I know a lot of people have been saying that the boxes are gradually getting better each month so hopefully they wont disappoint!
My favourite product from the box was definitely the Ciate nail varnish, I really like the colour especially to wear now during the summer. As far as I know there was a choice of 2 colours, this red/corally colour and a more orangey colour so I'm really glad I got this one as this would of been my personally choice.
I actually brought a magazine the other week because it had two mini Ciate nail varnish which came free & inside it had a 30% off code which I haven't used at the moment and might not have to now I have this one! Must of been fate! haha
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment