Tuesday 18 November 2014

Southampton Blogger Meetup #2

On the 15th of November I made my way to the orange rooms in Southampton for my second blogger meet up, again organised by the lovely AliceAmy who did an amazing job the second time round! I met up with KatGemma at the train station (Grabbing a cheeky costa beforehand) and then we made our way to the event.
It was a really nice, laid back environment, we had our own little room upstairs, a big seating area where we could all chat together and also our own little bar, free to order food and drink whenever we felt like it!
There were a few other seating booths with 3 companies which we were free to wander about and talk to throughout the day, these were Lush, Bee good and Weleda.
(Sorry about the quality of the photo's, they were taken on an iPhone and the lighting wasn't too great.) 
 The first company I spoke to was Bee Good, I'd never actually came across this brand before so it was nice to try out some of their products and find out how there made etc. There local to the Hampshire area and was started in 2008 by husband and wife, Caroline & Simon. I loved their hand cream and with the 20% off code we were given, I think I'll be purchasing it pretty soon! We got a lip balm in our goodie bag which I cant wait to try.
Up next was Lush, I think everyone knows and loves lush already so I was really happy to see them there! I had a good whiff of all the massage bars and it was really nice to talk to them one on one and find out a lot more about the products.

Another well known brand was Weleda. I didn't actually know much about this brand so it was really nice to hear more about it.. even finding out that Simon Cowell and Victoria Beckham are big fans! I love how the products are colour co ordinated depending on the purpose. We were shown how there products really sink into the skin and do the job! Definitely a brand I'll be looking more in to, there were some nice little samples in the goodie bags which I'm looking forward to experimenting with!

 The amazing goodie bag that they put together, they done such a good job on them and I cant wait to start trying out the products and letting you guys no what I think!
Some of the brands include Make up Revolution, W7, Cocoa Brown, Witch and Lush... And many more!
There was also a raffle which all proceeds were going to the British Legion for the Poppy Appeal, we managed to raise around £50 which Alice And Amy said they would match which was so lovely of them! I brought 2 and luckily won! I won a eye shadow palette and a blusher from The Balm which are products I've been wanting to try out for quite a while now! The palette (as the name suggests) is full of neutral matte shades which is lovely and perfect for an everyday look.
 



Cutest little cookies on the Bee Good stand! Had to include it!
 I had a really great day and thanks again to Alice and Amy for organising it all! It was great to chat with other bloggers and also interacting with brands and new companies. I'm really excited to start testing out and playing with all the goodies, so expect to see a few reviews/posts on them very soon!
Please leave your links if you also went, I'd love to read through and follow some fellow Hampshire bloggers!
 
 

(Photo Credit; Tanya)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a whole lot of fun! And oh my, that goodie bag looks amazing! I bet it was like Christmas coming early haha
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had so much fun! So sad I couldn't have been there x

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bee good they are such a lovely company and also great when they are local, Lush is obviously classic and the balm product are gorgeous aren't they? xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I'm so jealous of your prizes, I really want to try some more products from The Balm! x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time :) So jealous of your Balm prizes, I really want to try that eye-shadow palette! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a lovely little event! I've never heard of Bee Good but I love little local stores as they always have some amazing unique products.

    Amanda / Amanda's Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems like such a lovely meet up! you got some great goodies too

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my £660+ huge xmas beauty giveaway, if you like! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BeeGood is such a lovely, lovely brand. I really like their cleanser :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete