Wednesday 11 February 2015

February Glossybox!

I finally completed all the surveys I had on my glossybox account which got me just enough glossydot's to receive this box for free, which is always a nice little bonus! This was their February box so was obviously based around Valentine's day and love, even including a cute little packet of love hearts! I think this is one of the best boxes they have done in a while, here's what I got..
 First off the box itself is lovely, the design is great and makes for a good background!
The first product I received in the box was the B.Cosmetics Defined Brow Kit, this kit looks great, the shades look like they'll suit my brows perfectly. It also comes with a highlighter to use on the brow arch & a mini wand, with an angled brush one end and a spoolie the other which is great for combing through your brows afterwards for more of an even look.
Royal Apothic Tinties; These are so cute! The packaging is really quirky and unique and would look great sitting out on your makeup storage rather than being tucked away! It's a lip butter and feels really moisturising on your lips and also leaves a nice tint of colour behind.
Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk; I was just about to restock on some razors so good timing glossybox! This one retails at around £10 too which is almost the cost of one box! Definitely getting your moneys worth this month. Not much you can say about a razor really! However, they do say this razor is infused with marine extracts and shea butter which hydrates the skin for up to 2 hours after shaving.
 Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow; I've never heard of this brand before but it's definitely something I'll look into, as this little eyeshadow looks lovely. It's called 'Fifty Shades' which as you probably guessed is named and inspired after the film. It's 100% natural and highly pigmented, with some shimmer.. looks perfect for a dramatic smoky eye. You can use this dry or with a wet brush, depending on how deep and intense you want your make up to look.
So Susan Rose Quartet Lip & Cheek Palette; I've received a couple of other products from this brand in previous glossyboxes and they have both been pretty good. At first glance this does look like the sort of palette you'd get when you were really young and just starting out in make up.. or that might just be me?! However, it does look like a really versatile palette with pretty pinks or bolder colours like the deep red. This does double up as both a lip and cheek product so it will be an interesting one to try!
Overall, I was really pleased with this months box and do think it's the best one they've put out in a while. Two of these products alone add up to around £20 so your definitely getting your moneys worth and more in this box. Unfortunely this will be my last glossybox as I just can't afford it at the moment, but at least I ended my subscription on a high, right?! I'll most likely come back to Glossybox eventually or maybe test out a different box.. what ones are you liking at the moment?
Let me know if you received this month's box and what you thought!
 

3 comments:

  1. Cute box this month. I got pretty much the same except instead of the brow kit, I got some Got2be hair styling serum stuff. I'd prefer the brows ;)
    The marsk shadows are fab, I've got a gold one. Very pigmented and shimmery.
    Atleast you ended happy with sweeties as well. Lol.
    Check out latestinbeauty.com. They do boxes that you just buy. No subscription and you get to try some nice products, like glamglow!
    I just did a review on the Givenchy box :)

    Enjoy your goodies,

    Bex x

    Bubblybex3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first one I have seen and I am so impressed, razors are so expensive so always appreciated and the eyeshadow looks so pretty xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet little box, and it's nice to base it around valentines. How cute are the mini lovehearts!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete