Thursday 5 February 2015

Lush; The Christmas Penguin!

I asked on twitter a few times whether or not people would still be interested in seeing these posts, but to be honest I didn't get much of a response, so I thought I'd let my readers decide!
I got alot of lush products for Christmas as well as in the boxing day sales so expect a lot of reviews in the future! However, some of those boxes were specifically for Christmas or the bigger ones I got in the sale have a mixture. I've decided to put up my thoughts about it anyway, because I thought, it cant just be me that has Christmas bath products from them to use up!
So here's what I thought of this little guy..
First off, how cute is he! (or she)  For me personally, I prefer bubble bars and they're usually the thing I'll be drawn to more in the shop, especially looking like this!
They say; Isn’t he adorable? Inspired by the smallest penguins in the world (found on Philip Island, Australia), we’ve invented our very own tiny penguin for bubbly bathtime fun. Crumble yours under running water to create orange flower and bergamot-scented froth, then sink into the comforting waters and allow the Sicilian mandarin and lemon oils to transport you to a warm, sun-drenched locale. It's the perfect way to relax after a long stressful day!
 
 I didn't find this bubble bar scent too overpowering and it didn't actually last that long afterwards.. I'm used to walking back into the bathroom half hour to an hour later and still being greeted by an amazing smell! However, saying that, I did really like it, it left the water a lovely pool looking sky blue which I thought made it extra nice and it really helps to relax you.
It creates so many bubbles which I love, it doesn't leave your skin feeling overly moisturised when you get out the bath but for me personally, I actually prefer this in some ways as I sometimes feel other products, the butterbear for example, leaves your skin feeling a bit odd.. moisturised but with a peculiar type of texture, does that even make sense?!
Overall, I really liked this and I can definitely see it making a come back this year, people may think it doesn't have many results, but for me, I love the smell, it creates loads of bubbles, inexpensive and it's cute! I'll definitely be repurchasing if they do choose to bring it back.. how could you resist!?
Have you tried the Christmas penguin, what did you think?
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. He (looks like a he to me) is cute!! I live with 4 other people, so don't get many chances to take a nice relaxing bath :(

    captaincharghley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a he! haha, aww that's a shame.. you should make the time! :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks so cute! I've never tried any of Lush's christmas range! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no, you should definitely pick some up next time around.. they always have lovely collections out though x

      Delete
  3. I never got a chance to try the christmas range which I am gutted about, especially as this looks so lovely, Hopefully have more luck with the valentines bits xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's a shame.. the valentines day products look lovely too though.. ill have to try and pick some up aswell! x

      Delete
  4. I never got the chance to try this one and I'm gutted :( It's so cute and sounds like you had a lovely smelling and relaxing bath. I hope it makes a comeback as I reeeeally want to try it out xo

    Tasha
    hellonovemberx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame, their always this year! haha x

      Delete