Saturday 10 August 2013

Elf Haul!

Hey!
This post is going to be an Elf Haul, I actually ordered this a while ago but didn't write about it for a couple of weeks so I could try most of the things out & tell you what I think.
I'd never tried Elf products before I made this order, so this was first for me! haha... but when I saw  that there was a 50% off code I thought that it would be a perfect time to try twice as many products out for the same price as half of it!
From left to right;
 High definition powder in 'Translucent'
- I heard a lot about this before making my order so I thought I'd try it out. I don't actually like this product very much, I didn't feel like it done a lot and about 2 weeks later ended up buying a Rimmel powder instead. I don't know if it was the colour I got or  what, but I just didn't find that it made much of a difference.
Cream Eyeliner
- I really like this product, it comes with a little angled brush (I actually thought it was going to be bigger than it was but that doesn't matter haha!) It stayed on all day and didn't smudge.
Zit Zapper
- I haven't actually tried this product yet, so when I do I may write up a mini review on it.
Mascara primer
- I decided to order this after watching back an old Elf haul that voussontbeauetbelle (Becca) done. The packaging is a little bit oversized and can make you think you are getting a lot more product then you actually are as the actual product is actually less that half of the packaging. But I do really like the product and think it helps to add volume.
Fake Eyelashes
- I love wearing fake eyelashes every now and again for a night out, so picked these ones up as they were only £1.50
All over cover stick in 'Ivory'
- I really don't like this product, I found it quite drying on my skin & it had a very sweet smell, not a horrible smell but one that I wouldn't really want to put on my skin. It was only £1.50 though, so not too much of a waste & I can always save it as a back up concealer if ever I need one! Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be too.
Tone correcting concealer
- I really like this product & use it on a daily basis. I got mine in the colour Ivory and for only £1.50 it's a great product to have in your make up collection. This always has a sweetish smell but not quite as strong as the all over cover stick which probably sounds really contradicting! I'll definitely be re purchasing this.
Eyebrow Stencil Kit
- I still need to try this out. I mainly got it as a way to try & shape my brows better so hopefully it will have a good end result!
Nail Varnish
- I ordered three in the colours; 'Party Purple,' 'Metal Madness' and 'Fire Coral'
These were only £1.00 each. I still haven't tried these because I've been picking up a lot of nail varnish lately & am slowly getting through testing them all out! I really liked all 3 colours though & am looking forward to trying them all out!
Brushes
- I've only recently started using brushes (Shocker I know! haha) So I picked up the angled brush for bronzer & blusher & also the concealer brush. I use the angled brush everyday at the moment & I think, for the price, It's really good. I know it's got a few bad reviews because of the bristle's falling out but I've been using it everyday for about 2 weeks & have only noticed one bristle falling out which isn't bad. I wouldn't say it's too bad, they don't fall out on your face while your doing your makeup so it's good for me at the moment until I eventually get a better one.
The concealer brush is also fairly good, sturdy & does the job although I do prefer using my fingers to blend in my concealer as I think it provides a better coverage.
Tweezers
- I also picked up a new pair of tweezers as I've heard good reviews about these & my old one's aren't very sturdy whereas these are.
Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder
- The last thing I ordered was a bronzer in the colour 'Luminance.' I have no idea why I picked this colour for a bronzer, It's far to light for my skin tone & looks more like a shimmer however, I do still wear this most days & blend it under or with my blusher to create quite a subtle shimmery look.
 
Overall, I am really pleased with all of the products I received from Elf, bar 2 or 3. I got quite a lot of products for roughly £15.00 after I entered the 50% discount code & will definitely be re ordering to test out a few other products which look quite interesting!
Elf are currently doing another 50% off on there UK website now, you have to spend a minimum of £10 & it ends on the 19th August.
With a minimum spend of £10 I think I'll definitely be using this as an opportunity to try out a few new things!
xx
(Sorry if this post was really long!)
 

1 comment:

  1. I like the nail polish colors you chose. I had the angled brush, but didn't like it. I'm glad it's working for you though :).

    ReplyDelete